Friday, December 17, 2010

And so it begins...

I have been thinking about the 365: Make Something Every Day project ever since I saw it come up on Facebook a couple of weeks ago. I love a good project. Especially one that helps get my stagnant creativity moving again.

Now, I'm not much of an artist. I'm a writer by trade. But that just felt like all the more reason to try and exercise a different part of my brain -- and body actually, as art, even more than writing, is a physical act. All I had to do was figure out what I wanted to commit the next 365 days to. A medium like photography or quilting? A topic like sustainability or love? A theme like skulls or clouds? I even made idea lists because that's the kind of girl I am (too bad there isn't a 365: list something every day project). At any rate, it was all starting to stress me out, so I figured the right idea would come to me and when it did, I'd get started. And it did, the night before last at 3:30 or so a.m. when I woke up, looked across the dark room and saw my glass koru statue sitting on the dresser.

Since that moment my head has been spilling ideas like waterfalls: sketches, photos, embroidery, sculpture... a whole world in a few spare lines. Which brings us to now: Day One.

No comments:

Post a Comment